Tuesday, April 5, 2011

95. DËNVER "LOS ADOLESCENTES"


if you feel like a certain something is missing from your playlist then look no further, here's a super catchy Chilean synth pop track i discovered recently, Los Adolescentes from San Felipe-based indie/electro pop duo Dënver {Mariana Montenegro & Milton Mahan} off their new album "Música, Gramática, Gimnasia" (2010).

Los Adolescentes is a hypnotic, epic synth-pop teen anthem, i really dig the use of the tennis sound sample in the beginning of the intro, it reminded me of the end scene of Antonioni's film Blow Up. glitchy sci-fi sounding synths shimmer away before the fat beat drops along with droning synths melody et an epic growling guitar riff chugs away. Dënver have a similar clean synth-pop feel/sound to The Naked and Famous.

One day you tell me "Okay" / the next you tell me "I don't know".
One day you tell me "I want to" / the next you tell me "Maybe".
One day you tell me "Later on" / the next you tell me "You see already".
One day you tell me "Short" / the next "Let it grow".


MP3: Los Adolescents

check out the absolutely stunning epic teen ennui/angst music video for Los Adolescentes, this is a truly remarkable document of candid youth, it manages to capture/express so much more than most teen-based music videos. enjoy!!!




the "Música, Gramática, Gimnasia" album is available online from itunes.

you can find Dënver here: myspace | facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment